The State of the Squirrel
1) I've been on the road for nine weeks so far. At least the money is good. You know, I used to enjoy traveling a little bit. The excitement of airports, hotel rooms, and an excuse to dine out caused my little squirrel nipples to get perky. Now? Not so much. It is actually more tiring than the routine domestic life we lead here at the Squirrel's Nest. But, I was also promoted recently and am enjoying the spoils of corporate warfare (I'm a winner, dammit)!
2) Funny story: One morning a couple of months ago Sexy Squirrel rolls and says, "Jeez, I fell like I'm pregnant again... but I don't know how that's possible!"
I think, "Man, I'm really losing my touch" but play along and say something like, "Well, I've been on the road a lot and our mailman is Chinese. Soooo... ." Surprisingly, the canned laughter track that I had expected didn't appear. Hilarity didn't ensue. "Crap, she must actually be pregnant."
Off I went to the pharmacy to get a magic peeing stick. Needless to say that it turned blue AS I threw it to her. Yep, we are due in November. NICE!
3) The business I started with some partners is taking up a massive amount of time and draws extensively on my reserves of talent and energy. I'm really optimistic, but it is a nerve wracking experience.
4) I'm still slowing working on getting my MBA. Pretty mundane, but another time sucker.
5) My 11 month-old daughter and 11 year-old son are the apples of my eye and keep me motivated!
Anyway, not a very helpful update, but one that lets you know that I'm still alive and kickin'!
Labels: State of the Squirrel