Monday, January 15, 2007

Movie Review: We Are Marshall



What can I say? Clearly I'm a sucker for football movies (though going to see Any Given Sunday was time I'll never get back). I suppose that with a few exceptions (like Friday Night Lights) it would be most accurate to say that I'm a sucker for football movies based on a real story.

Marshall was worth the money I spent on ticket, popcorn, and drink (about $800). As my readers know, I'm a huge fan of optimism, and this move is awash in hard work and positive thinking. I suppose that after all these years I'm more inclined to watch movies that will lift me up rather than simply dull my brain. This is one of those. I'll purchase this movie and put it up on my shelf near (not next to) Rudy, Brian's Song, and Invincible (among others) that I'll encourage my son to watch.

Labels: