Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Waiting on Fidel

Well, it appears that Ms. Sheehan accidentally jumped the gun and prematurely released a statement about the death of el Jefe. It reads in part,
"I met Fidel during a little get-together and margarita tasting with Hugo [Chavez] and Harry [Belafonte]. The first thing that I noticed was that he was a natty dresser... I mean WOW. After quite a few drinks and some central planning ideas, Fiddy reached in to kiss me. We bumped noses and we laughed. While not the most considerate lover, he took me like a real man. He was powerful, not like the 'fortunate son' George W. Bush. Afterwards, I woke up alone and limped back to my room on a broken heel and disheveled pink moo-moo. He promised that he'd call, but I knew that he'd be too busy running the Cuban paradise. Farewell Fidel, I would say that we'll meet in the afterlife, but we both know there is no God. I miss you so."

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed at Castro's always-timely demise.