Monday, August 14, 2006

Movie Review of the World Trade Center

The easiest thing to say is… go see the movie. It was actually really well done and a new story for me. While I’m sure that this story of two N.Y. Port Authority cops trapped in the rubble of the WTC was told all over the place in the year following 9/11, I happened to be in Pakistan and Afghanistan chasing Al-Qaeda. I was acting as a sharp instrument in our country’s foreign policy. I had heard that there were survivors, but missed out on the story.

Good story. I was surprised to see the piece about how the two were discovered. If you already know it or would like to read about it before you see the movie, click here. Cool story. My expectations were low due to the Oliver Stone factor, but he put out a solid, emotionally fulfilling movie about the destruction of the WTC. While it really doesn’t focus on the perpetrators, they aren’t completely ignored either. I actually got the feeling the Mr. Stone had a bit of a love-hate thing going with aspects of the film, but resisted the urge to blame the Joooos. Which is nice.

If you would like to see a movie, this is a good one.