Saturday, August 19, 2006

Movie Review of Talladega Nights: The Legend Of Ricky Bobby.

I love Will Ferrel. Seriously, I think that he is just the Cat's Ass. I laughed out loud many, many times.

That being said, Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby is funny, but not super funny. Actually, I will probably love it later. Why? Well, it is pretty raunchy with lots of sexual and homo innuendo. Trust me, that is stuff that will make cola spew out my nose everytime, but I think ticket buyers didn't know what they were getting. Allow me to explain.

I'm currently working near Daytona Beach. The families that came to the movie were clearly NASCAR fans (yes... families). Little kids all over the place at a TOTALLY inappropriate movie. Not only that, there were several couples in their 70s who walked out (clearly not happy with the show). These were probably not actual NASCAR fans cause if you've ever been to a race, you know it is all about Cars, Boobies, and Beer (which I heartily condone). Although there was no nudity in the movie, that would have improved it.

Honestly, I think that if I had been in my TV room with a bunch of buddies drinking beer I would have laughed my ass off. Hearing little kids giggle at jokes they shouldn't hear and probably (thankfully) don't understand sucks. I felt embarrassed for the idiot parents who just sat and watched. Listen, I'm no prude, but a bunch of six year-olds?!? Sheesh.

That being said, go with friends who share your naughty tastes and loud farts... or wait for the video and fart at home. I'll buy it just for that purpose.