Saturday, May 06, 2006

Weekend Reading

Here are links to reading that I think is worth visiting.

The National Commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars spoke to the Senate Committee on Veteran's Affairs back in March. His testimony can be found here.

I don't know if you have already heard about him, but Corporal Brett Lundstrom (USMC) gave the lastfull measure of devotion on January 7, 2006 and was honored by his tribe, the Oglala Sioux. A moving event.

Also, the local elections in Herndon, VA (near me) are being called a referendum on illegal immigration. La Shawn Barber has a nice summary.

Grilling time is here and I will probably be using mine on a daily basis. Therefore, I would be remiss if I didn't plug my favorite seasoning. Good. Really good.

Another Kennedy asshat. I would love to see if he (or his Dad... Ted) had any comments about Rush.

Personal knowledge: Porter Goss is another breed of asshat.

A revisit to one of my favorite economists, Dr. Walter Williams, in his article about gas prices. Face it, it is a complicated issue.

Finally, I have to agree with Peggy Noonan that jurors in Virginia should have put Moussaoui to death.

Whew, I hope that tides you over for the weekend!