Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day

So I'm now back from all the tiresome "don't beat the wife just cause you're back from the sandbox" briefings. Thanks, but Sexy Squirrel can handle herself just fine. Anyway, one thing inparticular that I've found interesting since I've come back is that people are pissed at the Prez. Why? (Y'all probably already know this, but I'm still getting my sleep patterns back) Because of immigration and gas prices. Seriously. People who are diehard conservative patriots (at least around Ft. Bragg/Fayetteville) would kick the CINC in the nuts about these two things. To be more accurate, folks seems livid about immigration and extremely annoyed about gas.

I've used the gas price issue to bring up another favorite point of mine... withholding tax. I think that people are pissed about prices because it has an immediate impact on their wallets and gas stations post prices that constantly remind us. I've long contended that if the American people were paid their wages, in cash, at window A, then had to pay their taxes, in cash, at window B, that Washington would be a smoking ruins right now. Hmmm.

Maybe once I get some sleep, I'll be really pissed too...