Friday, December 16, 2005

Brief Friday Morning News Shot

Here are a bunch of articles worth reading this morning...

Smoking Foes Try to Stop Parents From Lighting Up... WTF?!? Will all the damn do-gooders just leave people be? I don't smoke, but government needs to piss off. It's bad enough that I can't buy a full-sized toilet for my OWN HOME! Damn.

Retired SF officer speaks out about Iraq.

Again, I think that Big Brother should just piss off. Why not make up a national security court system that only handles these kinds of things? Oh yeah, they already have that. I'm all for fighting terrorists, the problem is that when the government takes something from you, they almost never give it back! Damn.

Update: Some nice discussion going on over at Confederate Yankee. Kinda looks like I'm a minority player on this thing.

So long Howard Stern... as a Sirius stockholder... I wish you all the luck in the future (or at least till the stock hits $10, then you can just go away... and I think you will).

Tony Blankley writes about the Democrats bad faith... the lead-in:
Last Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," former Clinton Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright said: "There is not one Democrat who wants us to fail in Iraq. There is not one Democrat that doesn't want our troops to come home safely or wants our homeland to be properly protected or let Iraq develop a democracy and operate within the region. And I have to tell you, to be maligned or as not patriotic or undercutting the effort, I think is unacceptable."
Sorry, I'm gonna have to throw the bullshit flag on that play Ms. Albright.